Friday, April 21, 2006

Letter to Eric

Doreen, from Ellicott City, MD and the mom of a USNA cadet sent the following letter to Eric with her donation toward his goal:

"Dear Eric,

Let me begin by saying Thank You for your service to our country! I contacted your mother after reading about your soccer project. I think it’s a great idea what you are doing and I wish you the best of luck with it.

I have three daughters who grew up playing soccer in Howard County, Maryland. The two oldest played varsity soccer at Centennial High School and were State Champs in 2002. My middle daughter, Valerie, is currently finishing up her plebe year at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis. She plays lacrosse now for the Navy Women’s Team. They will be going up to West Point at the end of the month for the All Service Academy Women’s Lacrosse Tournament.

Well, I have packed up two large boxes of used soccer equipment for you. I hope that you will be able to put it to good use. I hope that it all arrives in good shape. It was very sentimental for me to go through a lot of this stuff as it brought back memories of my daughters’ teams when they were very young. I’m happy to think that some Iraqi children may be able to benefit from it now.

Good luck reaching your goal! I will pray for your safety."

No comments: