Thursday, December 07, 2006

Towson Unitarian Universalist Church

Our thanks to Joyce Duncan, DRE and all of the children at Towson Unitarian Universalist Church for your donations to the Iraqi children. I was not able to meet Joyce, but I did meet two of her very special co-workers; Mona Scott, Office administrator, and Martha Clasby, bookkeeper (pictured above). They kindly assisted me in carrying out the soccer balls and loading them into my car. We counted up 64 soccer balls, 2 pair of soccer shoes, 4 net bags, 1 first aid kit, several coloring books, chalk & crayons! The children wrote very positive messages on the balls for the Iraqi children. Some favorites are; "Play", "Good wishes", "Hi Friends", "I hope you like playing", "Have fun", "Goal!!!", "I'm 6" and "Special dumpling I love you". Reading these messages warmed our hearts and we hope it will do the same for the Iraqi children. Many thanks for your donations and happy thoughts for other children!

No comments: